In this episode, Kevin Dong (@kevinjdongMD) interviews Dr. Mohamed Hagahmed (@hagahmedMD) on his transition to practice and how to prepare for your board/licensing exams after you graduate from residency. Dr. Mohamed Hagahmed is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at UT Health San Antonio.
Shownotes – PDF Here[bg_faq_start]
- Can you talk about your experience and what graduating residences can do to prepare for this transition both for attending-hood and for their board/licensing exam?
- How was that experience for you? There are a lot of things you need to learn just to transition, and on top of studying the exam, there can be a lot of elements. How did you prepare for this?
- How do you prepare for the exam whilst practicing independently?
- How do you tackle and overcome imposter syndrome, while being a staff physician but not quite yet being board certified or licensed?
- Do you have any specific people you seek guidance from, especially when you have tough days?
- When it comes to transitioning, do you have any specific resources that you use?
This post was copyedited and uploaded by Kara Tastad